Welcome to LVHMS
A Little History of Lookout Valley High
Lookout Valley is a community located eight minutes from downtown Chattanooga. It is an area in transition from a closed, small-town atmosphere to a suburbia of a medium-sized southern city. In 1973, Lookout Valley was annexed by the city of Chattanooga. The area served by Lookout Valley Middle and High School includes Lookout Valley, Tiftonia, and parts of St. Elmo.
In 1957, construction of Lookout Valley Junior High School began. In 1958, the junior high school included grades six through eight. During the next school year, the junior high school served grades seven through nine. High school students attended Central High School.
In 1971, the addition of a high school was completed. Willing eleventh graders returned from Central High School. The following year, Lookout Valley High School served grades seven through twelve. In 1989, grade six was added.
Lookout Valley Middle and High School strives for academic excellence in a rigorous learning environment that prepares students to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.